The insanely popular Lana Del Rey has apparently started work on the follow-up to her equally as insanely popular album Born To Die. Del Rey has been spotted entering a studio in Santa Monica, where The Daily Mail (Via Clash Music) reports that she will be laying down tracks for her proper sophomore full-length effort after releasing a independent album as Lizzy Grant before releasing her last album as Lana Del Rey.
It took some time for the songstress to get her last effort out of her after years of missed opportunities and unfocused talent, so we advise fans not to hold their breath for this next album.
You could even argue that she can take as much time as she needs, given that Born to Die is still charting super high all over the world and is yet to reach its cruising altitude. Two of her singles even scored in the triple j Hottest 100: Born to Die came in at #34. and Summertime Sadness at #86.
Only recently, Del Rey released the deluxe version of the album Paradise, where she added the cover of Blue Velvet as well as other new tracks Body Electric, Gods & Monsters, Yayo and Ride. But it’s always a good idea to strike while the iron is hot.
Given the bevy of producers that she has already collabbed with, including Rick Rubin, she will have the pick of the litter as to who will produce the new record. We will have to wait and see.
- Marilyn Manson Denies Involvement In Leaked Lana Del Rey ‘Rape’ Video
- Eminem Pisses Off Just About Everybody With New Shady Records Cypher
- Chet Faker Is One Of The Most Blogged About Artists Of 2014
- Dan Auerbach Recounts Lana Del Rey’s Label Backflipping On ‘Ultraviolence’
- Lana Del Rey Teases 2014 Australian Tour
- Frances Bean Cobain To Lana Del Rey: “Stop Romanticising Death”