Liam Gallagher obviously didn’t make a New Year’s resolution to stop his war of words with brother Noel – describing him as a “fucking idiot”.
Days after saying Mumford & Sons “look like they’ve got fucking nits” – Liam has gone off on another tirade about his brother, promptly saying, “Fuck Oasis as far as I’m concerned, and fuck Noel Gallagher”.
Speaking to Q Magazine, Liam addressed the circling rumours that Oasis may re-form sometime in the future – and shut them down completely. He also said that the rumours came directly from Noel, and he didn’t want a bar of it.
“It was Noel who started that rumour, I’ve never said a fucking dicky bird,” he said.
“Fuck Oasis as far as I’m concerned and fuck Noel Gallagher. The thought of going onstage with that fucking idiot and hanging out with his daft mates, the pretend drug addicts and all his snobs from Sloane Street.
“Fuck that, not interested, mate. We’re Beady Eye all the fucking way.”
Oasis split up in 2010 after Noel Gallagher quit the band following a backstage fight with Liam, prior to a festival appearance in France. Noel formed a new band – Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, while Liam and the remaining Oasis members re-named themselves Beady Eye.
Beady Eye are currently working on the follow-up to their 2011 album Different Gear, Still Speeding.
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich Outs Himself As A Lifelong Oasis Fan
- Emily Eavis Comments On Oasis’ Glastonbury Fate
- Bookies Close Betting On Oasis, The Libertines Glastonbury 2014 Reunions
- Pulp Top BBC’s ‘Greatest Britpop Anthems’ Poll
- Damon Albarn: “An Album With Noel Gallagher Is A Distinct Possibility”
- Liam Gallagher Says “Don’t Buy Into ‘Definitely Maybe’ Reissue”