Liam Gallagher obviously didn’t make a New Year’s resolution to stop his war of words with brother Noel – describing him as a “fucking idiot”.
Days after saying Mumford & Sons “look like they’ve got fucking nits” – Liam has gone off on another tirade about his brother, promptly saying, “Fuck Oasis as far as I’m concerned, and fuck Noel Gallagher”.
Speaking to Q Magazine, Liam addressed the circling rumours that Oasis may re-form sometime in the future – and shut them down completely. He also said that the rumours came directly from Noel, and he didn’t want a bar of it.
“It was Noel who started that rumour, I’ve never said a fucking dicky bird,” he said.
“Fuck Oasis as far as I’m concerned and fuck Noel Gallagher. The thought of going onstage with that fucking idiot and hanging out with his daft mates, the pretend drug addicts and all his snobs from Sloane Street.
“Fuck that, not interested, mate. We’re Beady Eye all the fucking way.”
Oasis split up in 2010 after Noel Gallagher quit the band following a backstage fight with Liam, prior to a festival appearance in France. Noel formed a new band – Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, while Liam and the remaining Oasis members re-named themselves Beady Eye.
Beady Eye are currently working on the follow-up to their 2011 album Different Gear, Still Speeding.
- Liam Gallagher Says Kanye West Is “Utter Shit”
- Noel Gallagher Would “Rather Drink Petrol” Than Listen To Arctic Monkeys’ Alex Turner
- Noel Gallagher Says “Working Class” No Longer Have A Voice In Music
- Noel Gallagher Says Coldplay Will One-Up U2 And Hand-Deliver Their New Album
- Police Sneak Oasis Song Titles Into Statement About Stolen Oasis Painting
- Liam Gallagher’s Beady Eye “Are No Longer”