Just as promised some weeks back, The Jezabels have released the first offering from their upcoming album, a shimmering, blissed out jam going by the name of The End.
The hauntingly beautiful vocals of singer Hayley Mary shouldn’t be new to any Australian music fan at this stage, and if they are then srsly where have you been? The End brings with it everything we’ve come to know and love about the 4-piece, but arranges it in a way we haven’t heard before, suggesting the as-yet-untitled follow up to 2011’s Prisoner will be a big step up for the Sydney four-piece.
The track was produced by new associate Dan Grech-Marguerat (Moby, Scissors Sisters, Lana Del Rey, Keane, The Vaccines, The Kooks), which probably explains the bigger, more polished sound, so we can expect a truly polished album ready for the international market as well.
Little else is know about the album on which The End will appear, other than the tentative release date of early 2014, but you can get a peek inside the recording process with The Jezabels’ studio webisode series which is currently being unveiled online. The first two videos are below.
The End debuted just this afternoon on triple j, but you can wrap your listening gear around it below as well. The Jezabels will kick off their international touring commitments early next year as part of Laneway Festival 2014.
Listen: The Jezabels – The End
Watch: The Jezabels – Studio Webisode 1
The Jezabels – Studio Webisode 2
- 1,000+ Aussies Collaborate On Free Mardi Gras Charity Single
- Violent Soho, The Jezabels & John Butler Trio Headline Big Pineapple Music Festival 2015
- Watch 40 Triple J Favourites Try To Write The Ultimate Hottest 100 Song
- The Jezabels, The Cat Empire Lead Inaugural Party In The Park Lineup
- Festival Of The Sun 2014 Lineup
- Queenscliff Music Festival Lineup 2014