One of the world’s biggest music festivals, Lollapalooza, has been shut down halfway through the second day due to extreme weather. The festival was evacuated at 3:30pm local time just before Australian band The Temper Trap were scheduled to take the main stage.
Update: The gates have re-opened, RHCP will take the stage in just under an hour.
According to the Telegraph, police evacuated tens of thousands of punters from the festival just before a powerful thunderstorm swept across the festival site and pelted the outdoor venue with rain.
Sets from The Temper Trap, Delta Spirit, tUnE-yArDs, The Weeknd, and Washed Out have all had to be rescheduled. Organisers are working overtime to try and get the Red Hot Chili Peppers on stage for their headline performance tonight.
A number of band performances are being streamed live to YouTube; you can check out the timetable here.
- Lollapalooza 2012 Webcast Set Times
- Lollapalooza Announces 2013 Festival Dates A Year In Advance
- Lollapalooza 2012 Lineup Revealed
- Lollapalooza 2012 Lineup Leak: Black Sabbath To Headline?
- Lollapalooza 2012: Leaked Line-up Fake – @LollaLeaks ‘Fucking With Us’