Busted, once and for all – a screenshot has popped up on Twitter in the last 30 minutes from a Sony online registration form listing not 1, not 2, but a full album’s worth of new songs from Daft Punk.
EDM broke the news on Twitter this morning, confirming a super fresh update on the highly anticipated 4th album from the French lords of electronic music. Though we don’t know the names of the tracks or album, we know it’s going to be epic, with 13 tracks totalling almost 75 minutes in total.
We were previously teased with news that something was going to come from the duo on 15th March after pole posters were spotted around Austin, Texas during SXSW, the hottest place to be for all things music, but it looks as though that might have been nothing…unless they registered the tracks online then and it’s taken until now for it to be noticed.
The songs were registered online with PPL which is not unlike our APRA, and will therefore uphold the rights of Daft Punk and their new material, so it’s nice to know they practice safe music making.This means that the songs are now recorded, mixed, mastered and protected from unlawful duplication or public communication which means the album is uber close to being released. It’s on!
You guys are getting it before any of the blogs ;), CONFIRMED 13 new Daft Punk tracks on the way:twitter.com/edm/status/313…
— edm (@edm) March 18, 2013
- Daft Punk’s ‘Instant Crush’ Music Video Features Julian Casablancas As A Museum Mannequin
- Courtney Barnett, Pond, Jagwar Ma Top NME’s 2013 Top 50 Lists
- Daft Punk Announce ‘Random Access Memories’ Deluxe Box Set
- Daft Punk Announce Deluxe Box Set Edition Of ‘Random Access Memories’
- Betting Closed On Fleetwood Mac As Glastonbury 2014 Headliners