Possibly the world’s most hated band, Nickelback, have hinted at an Australian tour, possibly towards the end of this year or beginning of the next. Often labelled as a band that’s not everyone’s cup of tea, they haven’t had much support from amongst their musical peers, with the now infamous comments made by Black Keys drummer Patrick Carney. Despite all the hate, they must be appealing to someone out there – last touring Australia in 2009.
Following the rumours earlier this year, Music Network have now pointed out a recent interview with bassist Mike Kroeger, which states that after going out on the road to annoy North American in July, they’ll head over to annoy Europe in September, with a trip to annoy Australia and Asia to follow.
Kroeger also talks about the almost natural hatred they seem to receive, saying they don’t take it to heart.
“We’ve just decided we’re going to have some fun with it, too,” he says. “We try to aim for the humorous side and have a little playful banter. I would imagine that for somebody who is trying to get us to be upset or our fans to be upset it must be tremendously frustrating to learn we actually don’t take it seriously at all and we’re just having a good time doing what we do.”
- Nickelback Are Touring Australia Next Year, And A Petition Won’t Stop Them
- Chad Kroeger Responds To Anti-Nickelback Crowdfunding Campaign
- Crowdfunding Campaign Launched To Prevent Nickelback Concert
- Avril Lavigne Announces Marilyn Manson Collaboration
- Catholic College Radio Bans Offensive Band Names…And The Biebs
- Listen (If You Dare): Avril Lavigne Covers Nickelbacks How You Remind Me