Yeah, yeah, another supergroup, but this one is definitely one to keep an eye on.
Pearl Jam’s guitar god Mike McCready and Guns N’ Roses’ bass honcho Duff McKagan have joined forces with former Screaming Trees drummer Barrett Martin.
The band doesn’t have a name yet, nor is there a chance of us hearing any music anytime real soon, but McCready has told Billboard that there’s a possibility the band could have a line-up of revolving singers. Killing Joke’s Jaz Coleman is believed to be amongst those being considered for vocalist duties.
“Duff and Barrett and I got together,” McCready said. “We wrote some new stuff and we took some of those old Mad Season demos from that second Disinformation record, so we are trying to find something to do with those. We’re talking to Jaz from Killing Joke and I’ve been trying to find some singers to work on some of that stuff.”
McCready and Martin formed Mad Season with the late Alice In Chains singer Layne Staley in the 1990s. The band released a debut album, Above; however, their second album, Disinformation, never saw the light of day.
McKagan is currently in Australia for Soundwave with his other band, Duff McKagan’s Fully Loaded.
- Billy Corgan Calls Pearl Jam “Derivative”, Says Foo Fighters “Haven’t Evolved”
- Watch Pearl Jam & Soundgarden Reform Supergroup Temple Of The Dog
- Watch Pearl Jam Debut New Song ‘Moline’, Play ‘No Code’ In Full
- Eddie Vedder Keeps 22-Year-Old Promise To Mega Fan
- Slash Definitely Isn’t An Axl Rose Hater
- Arcade Fire’s California Shows Had Marriage Proposals And Hard Rock Covers