Crowd members threw bottles at the Scissor Sisters during their headline set at The Pyramid Rock Festival on New Year’s Eve. The New York band were bringing in the New Year on the main stage at the festival when members of the audience started throwing bottles at frontman, Jack Shears.
Shears tweeted about the event describing the crowd as ‘a bunch of Aussie rednecks’:
@jakeshears @atrak Depends on where u are in the world dude. I just rang in the new year on a stage getting bottled by a bunch of Aussie rednecks.
Herald Sun reporter, Cameron Adams, was at the festival and also tweeted about the incident:
@cameron_adams: How embarrassing NYE bogans at Pyramid Rock bottled Scissor Sisters and @jakeshears last night. Summadayze audience will make amens! #shame
- Jake Shears (Scissor Sisters) To Appear On The New Queens Of The Stone Age Record?
- Scissor Sisters Announce Hiatus, Say It’s “Not Goodbye. Just Good Night”.
- Scissor Sisters Australian Tour September 2012
- Scissor Sisters Suffer From ADD
- Scissor Sisters – Magic Hour
- Scissor Sisters Announce New LP ‘Magic Hour’