Ticketmaster have let slip Slipknot‘s much-teased ‘big announcement’: the band are jumping on the ‘create your own festival’ bandwagon.
According to LoudWire, the band are headlining their own festival – Knotfest – at the Mid America Motorplex in their home state of Iowa on August 17. Joining them on the bill are heavy-hitting buddies Deftones, Lamb of God, Serj Tankian, Dethklok, The Urge, and Prong.
Tickets for the day-long festival will go on sale this Friday, June 8 – and will cost US $35. Yep, that’s right, $35 each, which is an absolute steal of a price for a lineup of this calibre.
In their teaser tweet for the ‘big announcement’, Slipknot included an image of a circus tent, which could possibly be the stage setup for KnotFest.
Big announcement coming Monday… twitter.com/slipknot/statu…
— Slipknot (@slipknot) June 2, 2012
The news of ‘KnotFest’ comes after the band also recently teased promo videos of their upcoming greatest hits compilation, which is scheduled for release on July 17. Singer Corey Taylor has also mentioned that the band are working on demos for a new record…so, in summary, the band are pretty damn busy at the moment!
- Slipknot Approach Original Violence On New Song ‘AOV’
- Slipknot “Make The World Worth Saving” On New Song ‘Sarcastrophe’
- Slipknot’s New Song ‘XIX’ Is Not For The Living
- Corey Taylor Criticises Comparing New Slipknot To Stone Sour
- Slipknot Stream Brutal New Album Track ‘Custer’
- Corey Taylor: Slipknot “Missed The Mark” On New Bassist’s Identity Leak