Ticketmaster have let slip Slipknot‘s much-teased ‘big announcement’: the band are jumping on the ‘create your own festival’ bandwagon.
According to LoudWire, the band are headlining their own festival – Knotfest – at the Mid America Motorplex in their home state of Iowa on August 17. Joining them on the bill are heavy-hitting buddies Deftones, Lamb of God, Serj Tankian, Dethklok, The Urge, and Prong.
Tickets for the day-long festival will go on sale this Friday, June 8 – and will cost US $35. Yep, that’s right, $35 each, which is an absolute steal of a price for a lineup of this calibre.
In their teaser tweet for the ‘big announcement’, Slipknot included an image of a circus tent, which could possibly be the stage setup for KnotFest.
Big announcement coming Monday… twitter.com/slipknot/statu…
— Slipknot (@slipknot) June 2, 2012
The news of ‘KnotFest’ comes after the band also recently teased promo videos of their upcoming greatest hits compilation, which is scheduled for release on July 17. Singer Corey Taylor has also mentioned that the band are working on demos for a new record…so, in summary, the band are pretty damn busy at the moment!
- Slipknot’s Third Teaser Is Their Creepiest Yet
- Slipknot Unveil Their Second Creepy Video Teaser
- Slipknot Share Creepy Teaser Video Ahead Of New Album Release
- Corey Taylor: “The New Slipknot Album Is 98 Percent Done”
- Corey Taylor Says Slipknot Will “Never Be The Same” Without Paul Gray