Harlem rapper ASAP Rocky has delivered what Consequence of Sound is declaring “his most ambitious video yet” for his latest track, LongLiveASAP.
Directed by Samantha Lecca and shot for the most part in black and white, the video is described as one where the rapper “rules with iron gold grillz”. This is because Rocky sits on a throne-like chair for most of the clip, surrounded by two giant screens, acting like he’s the boss of a pimped-out castle.
LongLiveASAP is the title track from ASAP Rocky’s debut album, which is set for a January 15 release. The Smoking Section reported that the album was leaked last week.
ASAP Rocky generated hype through his debut mixtape this year – LiveLoveA$AP – which produced the hits Peso and Purple Swag. The hype generated from the clips led to him signing a reported two year, $3 million record deal with Sony, RCA Records and Polo Grounds Music.
2012 has been a big year for the rapper. After being nominated for last year’s BBC Sound of 2012 poll, he toured regularly with fellow rapper Drake, and also played the Coachella Festival. Take a peak at the following clip and experience his rhymes and beats for yourself.
ASAP Rock – LongLiveASAP:
- 12 Moments Crowd Participation Turned Ugly
- Origin NYE Rafter-Fall Video Surfaces Online
- A$AP Rocky Dodges Assault Charges For Allegedly Slapping Female Fan
- Field Day 2014 Lineup Announced
- Beachlife Festival Will Come To Surfers Paradise In January 2014
- Watch Snoop Dogg And A$AP Rocky Smoke Up And Interview Each Other