Gotye has gone animated for the latest track to be taken from his worldwide smash album Making Mirrors.
Save Me is described by Stupid Dope as a super-creative animated video “in which the subject gathers various animated body parts throughout the clip”.
“As the video progresses we see a shell of a man come to life before meeting his mate and becoming a whole, energised being.”
And, as clearly noted by the guys at Pedestrian, the clip has “not a drop of body paint in sight”.
The body paint remark refers back to its use in Gotye’s now-iconic clip for his smash single Somebody That I Used to Know, which has been viewed over 230 million times on YouTube. Back in June, Gotye released a special online remix album filled with different remixes of the song, which recently spent seven weeks on top of the US Billboard charts.
Gotye will play in arenas and big outdoor venues around Australia in December, backed by his 10-piece live band. For dates and ticket info, click here.
Watch the video for Save Me below:
- Gotye Song Used As Evidence In Trial Of Al Jazeera Journalists In Egypt
- Sia Is APRA’s 2014 Songwriter Of The Year
- Gotye Joins One-Night-Only Supergroup For A Special Cause
- Music Feeds LIVE: The Basics Streaming This Thursday
- The Basics Release ‘So Hard For You’ Video Clip, Add 3rd Melbourne Show
- Tame Impala Nabs Song Of The Year At 2013 APRA Awards