Legendary NYC No-Wave group Sonic Youth may have performed what will be their final concert ever yesterday in Sao Paulo, Brazil. It was the final date of the band’s South American tour, and their last scheduled show after an announcement last month by Matador Records that Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon would be separating. The future of the band is uncertain.
Sonic Youth wrapped up their possible final shows together after 30 years with a short South American tour that closed with a 70-minute set at the SWU Music & Arts Festival in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Moore is already planning more solo touring, and Lee Ranaldo is preparing to release a new solo album that he’ll also tour next year, but currently plans for any more from Sonic Youth in the near future is on hold.
Brave Men Run (In My Family)
Death Valley ’69
Calming The Snake
‘Cross The Breeze
Teen Age Riot
Thanks to Slicing Up Eyeballs
- Thurston Moore’s Iconic Guitar Stolen From Motel
- Sonic Youth Reclaim Two Guitars Stolen In 1999
- Sonic Youth Announce New Live Album Recorded In 1985
- Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth) 2012 Australian Tour Dates Announced
- Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore Joins Metal Band ‘Twilight’