The Black Eyed Peas member and The Voice UK ‘Coach’ Will.I.Am will participate at this year’s Vivid LIVE Festival by way of an interactive lighting collaboration.
According to Pedestrian TV, the collaboration involves local Sydney digital company Spinifex and artist Justene Williams, and will take place on the facade of the freshly renovated Museum of Contemporary Art.
The innovative project gives the public the ability to manipulate or ‘play the building’ via a specialised interface that controls a projection of Justene Williams and the tunes of Will.i.am.
Deputy Premier Andrew Stoner said that Will.I.Am’s involvement with Vivid shows the festival is globally held in high regard.
“Vivid Sydney is a forum for the creative industries to collaborate, foster business connections and showcase new ideas, and will.i.am’s participation is a mark of the festival’s standing amongst creative industry leaders worldwide”, Stoner said.
- Kylie Minogue And Will.I.Am Join The Voice
- Tyler, The Creator Bets Will.I.Am $1,000,000 He Won’t Sell Out
- Will.I.Am And Pharrell Williams Butting Heads In Court
- Pharrell Williams Sues Will.i.am Right The Hell Back, Cites Dr Seuss
- Will.i.am Denies Suing Pharrell Williams, Pharrell Says Otherwise