Thousands of metalheads across the nation have had a gaping hole ripped into their 2016 calendars, following the sudden and painful cancellation of Soundwave.
The festival – which was scheduled to hit Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne on January 23rd, 24th and 26th respectively – was officially canned on Thursday night due to (among other things) poor ticket sales.
So, while you wait to see whether you’ll actually get your ticket money refunded any time soon, we thought we’d help you out by brainstorming a few things you can do this January, now that Soundwave is officially off the cards.
1. Make A Playlist Of All The Bands On The SW16 Lineup. Listen Whilst Weeping Inconsolably About What Might Have Been
2. Buy A Plane Ticket To Europe, Where There Are Metal Festivals Basically Every Day
3. Start A New Metal Festival In Your Own Backyard
4. Find Someone Old To Tell You Metal Isn’t What It Used To Be Anyway
5. Scream. Never Stop Screaming
This is your life now.
6. Take Advantage Of Summer And Go To The Beach
7. But Go Shopping For A Hat First, Because It’s Important To Be Sun-Safe
8. Not A Beach Person? How About An Amusement Park?
Oh wait, there aren’t really any of those left in Australia either.
9. You Could Always Get Get Cracking On Those Home Renovations?
10. Or Partake In The Time-Honoured Australian Hottest 100 BBQ Tradition?
NO, BLACK METAL KIDS, NOT THAT KIND OF BBQ!
That’s better. Just make sure you vote first, otherwise the countdown will be 0.1% metal and 99.9% hipster BS as always, AMIRITE?
11. Take The Time To Check Out Some Of The Homegrown Acts On The SW16 Lineup, Because They Might Still Be Playing Gigs Somewhere
12. Better Yet, Go Support Some Local Punk, Rock or Metal Bands Playing A Gig Near You
13. Pig Out With Your Friends?
14. Or Go On A Coffee Date?
15. Just Make Sure You Brush Your Teeth Afterwards
16. Take A Trip To The Salon?
17. Reminisce About All The Good Times
Gallery: 11 Unforgettable Soundwave Festival Moments
18 Things You Can Do Now That You're Not Going To Soundwave Anymore - Music Feeds