A group of prominent Australian musicians have strengthened their forces again, joining forced for a compilation album to show their support for marriage equality. The release is called #SayYesToLove Volume 1, and all its proceeds will go towards the Australian Marriage Equality Campaign.
Songs have been donated by big Australian names including Jimmy Barnes, John Butler Trio, Wes Carr, Katie Noonan’s Vanguard, The Basics, Josh Pyke, L-FRESH THE LION, Joe Camilleri, Darren Percival and The Cat Empire.
Jimmy Barnes commented on his support for marriage equality in Australia, saying, “This is about basic human rights. No one has the right to tell someone who they can love, or how they can express their love.
“Love is about caring for, and sharing your life with the one you love, and if the act of marriage helps to make that connection stronger in the eyes of the people sharing that life or in the eyes of the law then they should be encouraged, it should not be made more difficult.”
Adds Ivan Hinton-Teoh, Campaign Director for Australian Marriage Equality, “Every day, Australians are finding new and innovative ways to get behind the marriage equality campaign. I am delighted to be part of #SayYesToLove and I hope it inspires more to find their voice to champion for equality.”
Coordinated by Janine Middleton and Ivan Hinton-Teoh from AME, the album has been executively produced by Michael McGlynn at Vienna People and amalgamated by Mark Bolton and Beth Deady at MGM Distribution.
#SayYesToLove Volume 1 will launch on 17th July and will only be available on iTunes. Peep the tracklist below and head to sayyestolove.org for more information on the project.
Gallery: 22 Aussie Musicians Calling For Marriage Equality
Aussie Musicians Support Marriage Equality With #SayYesToLove Album - Music Feeds
Track Listing, #SayYesToLove, Volume 1:
1. Josh Pyke – Make You Happy
2. The Basics – What Do You See In Me? (Alternate mix)
3. John Butler Trio – Losing You
4. All Our Exes Live In Texas – Our Love Won’t Die
5. Katie Noonan’s Vanguard – Peace Is My Drug
6. C Major and Veneno – Por Tu Amor (new acoustic version)
7. The Cat Empire – Still Young
8. Joe Camilleri – A Fool And The Moon
9. Jimmy Barnes – Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)
10. Darren Percival – Lovelife
11. Playwrite – Whittaker
12. Wes Carr – People Of Peace
13. L-FRESH THE LION feat. Mirrah – The World Is Ours
14. Woodes x Elkkle – Muddy
15. Khanz – Deerhunter
16. Michael McGlynn – Diamond (First release)
17. Hannah Robinson – Realistically (First release)
18. Holden Brothers Travelling Circus feat. Dallas Holden & Katie Holden – Flying
19. The Blackbird Collective – No Other Plan (Recorded for this project)
20. Bronte – My Word
21. Fiona Joy – Grace (First release chill version)
— AU Marriage Equality (@AMEquality) July 14, 2015