New Zealand’s Lorde has run away with first place in the inaugural ARIA streaming chart. According to ARIA’s recently released 2013 End Of Year Charts, Lorde’s global sensation Royals spent a healthy five weeks at the top last year followed by Avicii’s Wake Me Up which amassed a mighty eleven weeks at the peak.
Independent acts Flume and Vance Joy were the highest performing Australian acts in 2013. Flume’s self-titled album was the highest selling Australian release last year, while Vance Joy’s catchy single Rip Tide scored the musician the the highest position on the singles chart from an Australian artist and was one of the top streaming tracks of 2013.
It seems Pink‘s relentless touring of our fair nation has paid of in more than a few ways, earning the singer a record number one spot on the 2013 album chart for the second consecutive year. Pink’s album The Truth About Love was most popular album for Australian music buyers last year, spending four weeks at the peak and remaining firmly in the top 40 for all of 2013. It’s the sixth year the singer has had an album placed at number one or two in the end of year charts.
Katy Perry enjoyed a spectacular comeback in 2013, with her record Prism finishing the year in number two position overall. Her single Roar was the longest chart-topping run of the year, spending nine weeks at number one and a total of 21 weeks in the top 10.
In total, 27 Australian albums made the top 100 selling albums of the year, a figure equal to 2012, though none managed to crack the top ten. Following Flume’s number 11 spot was The 12th Man with Willy Nilly – The 12th Man’s Biggest Hits at 15 and Human Nature’s The Christmas Album at 16. Local hip hop artists Bliss N Eso‘s Circus Is The Sky earned the duo a number 34 spot, Birds Of Tokyo‘s March Fires hit 37 and Boy And Bear‘s Harlequin Dream came in at number 57.
No Australian song was featured in the top ten selling singles of the year either, the highest position came from Vance Joy with Riptide at 12, followed by Birds Of Tokyo with Lanterns at 27 and Matt Corby’s Resolution at 39. Flume’s single Holdin On was the top local and 9th overall streaming single of 2013.
You can Check out the ARIA 2013 top ten figures below.
Top 10 Singles of 2013
1. Katy Perry – Roar
2. Robin Thicke featuring T.I. & Pharrell – Blurred Lines
3. Passenger – Let Her Go
4. Avicii – Wake Me up
5. Lorde – The Love Club EP featuring Royals
6. P!nk featuring Nate Ruess – Just Give Me A Reason
7. Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams – Get Lucky
8. OneRepublic – Counting Stars
9. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Ray Dalton – Can’t Hold Us
10. James Arthur – Impossible
Top 10 Selling Albums of 2013
1. P!nk – The Truth About Love’
2. Katy Perry – Prism
3. Bruno Mars – Unorthodox Jukebox
4. Michael Buble – To Be Loved
5. Daft Punk – Random Access Memories
6. One Direction – Midnight Memories
7. Michael Buble – Christmas
8. Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP2
9. Lorde – Pure Heroine
10. Passenger – All The Little Lights
Top 10 Streaming Tracks of 2013
1. Lorde – Royals
2. Avicii – Wake Me Up
3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Ray Dalton – Can’t Hold Us
4. Passenger – Le t Her Go
5. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive
6. Robin Thicke featuring T.I. & Pharrell – Blurred Lines
7. OneRepublic – Counting Stars
8. Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams – Get Lucky
9. Flume – Holdin On
10. Vance Joy – Riptide