Anthony Keidis has described what went on behind the scenes in the making of their new single The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie, in an interview with MTV that is yet to be aired. The interview was filmed over a month ago but now that the single has been released on radio Mtv have released a snippet of the interview you can watch(below).
Keidis says: When I first heard ‘Maggie’, I didn’t know it would be a single. But I knew that I loved the jam, My first recording of that, I don’t think it had many vocals on it. It was kind of mostly instrumental, about an hour long. Flea brought it in as a very specific exercise to write a classic bass line. He woke up, had his tea, sat down: ‘I’m going to write a classic bass line. You can’t stop me.’ Played his bass line until he felt it was cooked into a classic, brought it to us and said, ‘This is Classic Number One.’ On a good day, you just know if there’s music to wrestle with and get with, and it was one of those moments.”
The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie hit the web before radio play early last Saturday. The single has had mixed reviews on Music Feeds, some people are just happy their back while others are starting to feel withdrawal symptoms without john frusciantes’ vintage guitar sound.
Listen: Red Hot Chili Peppers – The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie
- Will Ferrell Accepts Chili Pepper Chad Smith’s “Drum Vs Cowbell Showdown”
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Officially Address Super Bowl Miming Row
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Had “No Choice” But To Mime At Super Bowl
- Watch: Bruno Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers Perform During Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Join Bruno Mars For Super Bowl Halftime Show