Just when you though that Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger‘s relationship couldn’t get any cheesier, how’s this – Avril will be paying the ultimate homage to her future hubby by covering one of his songs for a movie, effectively bringing to life the monster that is Chavril.
Lavigne will be re-imagining Nickelback’s best-selling single and easily their best song How You Remind Me, which will then end up on the Soundtrack for upcoming manga film One Piece Film Z, the latest instalment in the One Piece series.
According to NME, Avril agreed to covering the track, as well as Joan Jett’s Bad Reputation, both to feature on the film’s soundtrack after director Eiichiro Oda wrote to her asking if she would be willing to contribute music for the movie.
And so Chavril will be unleashed on the world, to reap havoc wherever he/she chooses, being virtually indestructible. Epic Records top dog LA Reid has confirmed that the two will be releasing a collaborative album.
The last time Lavigne made music with a partner was with ex-husband Deryck Whibley, who produced 6 tracks off Avril’s last album Goodbye Lullaby, and, well, we all know how that went… So, maybe Chavril will end where it began, in a recording studio.
- You Can Have An Awkward Photo With Avril Lavigne For $400
- Even Fans Don’t Like The New Avril Lavigne Video
- Avril Lavigne Announces Marilyn Manson Collaboration
- Listen (If You Dare): Avril Lavigne Covers Nickelbacks How You Remind Me
- Sum 41 Frontman Dresses Up As Avril Lavigne For Halloween Prank, Chad Kroeger Hits Back