That’s right ladies and gentlemen – the great (yet thought-to-be-retired) David Bowie has announced his triumphant return to the scene, no doubt to reclaim his throne atop the peak of the musical Mt. Olympus. Bowie has announced that he has a brand new full-length album on the way, and proved it by releasing his first new single in 10 years.
In standard Bowie style, the whole release is looking pretty mysterious. So far, we can confirm that it will be called The Next Day and will be released this coming March, with the date varying depending on which country you are in. Australia will get the good first on March 8 with ‘The rest of the world excluding USA’ receiving it on March 11, then finally, USA on March 12. According to Splicing Up Eyeballs, the release comes in two forms – a 14-track album and a 17-track deluxe release.
Bowie announced the news the night before his 66th birthday. He appears to be pretty excited about the album, as not only do we get the first single Where Are We Now, but we also get the first video clip, which you can feast on below the tracklisting.
The album is available for pre-order over at iTunes.
Get excited! Bowie’s back.
The Next Day Tracklisting
1. “The Next Day”
2. “Dirty Boys”
3. “The Stars (Are Out Tonight)”
4. “Love Is Lost”
5. “Where Are We Now?”
6. “Valentine’s Day”
7. “If You Can See Me”
8. “I’d Rather Be High”
9. “Boss of Me”
10. “Dancing Out In Space”
11. “How Does the Grass Grow?”
12. “(You Will) Set the World On Fire”
13. “You Feel So Lonely You Could Die”
15. “So She” (Bonus Track)
16. “I’ll Take You There” (Bonus Track)
17. “Plan” (Bonus Track)
- Astronaut Creates First-Ever Video Clip From Space With David Bowie’s ‘Space Oddity’
- Bowie’s Latest Video Offends Catholics & Confuses YouTube, While Anglicans Stay Well Out Of It
- David Bowie Releases Clip For New Single ‘The Next Day’
- David Bowie’s Unconventional First Interview On New Album ‘The Next Day’
- David Bowie Has Another Album In The Works, Suggests Noel Gallagher