Oh, those wacky Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Karen O and company have dropped the squeamishly psychedelic video for Mosquito, the title track from their fourth studio album, and they’ve decided to get literal – check it out below.
The clip, directed by B. Shimbe Shim, features a rather realistic CGI mosquito sucking the blood from a small boy. As the bug feasts on the child, it gets bigger and more lurid, with the video getting more and more icky-feeling as it progresses, although the kid seems pretty unfussed.
It’s a pretty far cry from the MTV-esque music video for the single’s predecessor, Sacrilege, which starred model Lily Cole in a sequence of backwards events. Nope, Mosquito is just one, long gruesome shot and kudos to you if you can sit through the whole thing – it just made us feel a little off-colour.
WATCH: Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Mosquito
- Karen O Says Yeah Yeah Yeahs Are On “A Bit Of A Hiatus”
- Watch Karen O’s Underwater Video For Lo-Fi Solo Single ‘Rapt’
- Rainbow Chan Releases Nick Zinner ‘Haircut’ Remix
- Karen O Contributes New Track ‘The Moon Song’ To Spike Jonze’s ‘Her’
- Damon Albarn, Alex Kapranos, Flea And Nick Zinner To Release Track For Charity
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ ‘Despair’ Is First Video Clip Shot Atop Empire State Building