Revered UK songstress Laura Marling has revealed in a recent interview with The Owl that she has finished writing a new album. The release date appears to be set for early 2013, though no firm plans have been locked in. She’s currently touring the US, and sat down to talk about what her plans are for new material, saying:
“I finished writing a new album about a month ago. At the moment I’m in and out of the studio, working with Ethan Johns (who produced both A Creature… & 2010′s I Speak Because I Can)…It will probably be released in about 6 months.”
Moving beyond her nu-folk tag with her highly-acclaimed new album A Creature I Don’t Know, and showing further depth and wisdom in her songwriting and lyricism, she’s being hailed as NME’s Best Solo Artist and anointed Best British Female at the recent Brit Awards, all this at just 21 years of age.
Marling first grabbed the world’s attention with her softly spoken and obscenely talented debut Alas I Cannot Swim in 2008. She was just 17 when she penned standout single Ghosts. She toured the album Down Under, playing her inaugural Splendour in the Grass plus several rewarding sideshows.
We recently saw her out here on the Laneway Festival 2012 lineup, also playing her own sideshows in Melbourne and Sydney.
- Review: Laura Marling – ‘Short Movie’
- Arctic Monkeys And David Bowie Lead 2013 Mercury Prize Nominations
- Laura Marling – Once I Was An Eagle
- Stream Laura Marling’s New Album ‘Once I Was An Eagle’
- Laura Marling Announces Splendour 2013 Sideshows For July
- Splendour In The Grass 2013 Sideshows – The Complete Guide