The new Jack White song titled Sixteen Saltines, which was played on his recent SNL performance, has been released online. It follows the first single Love Interruption, which will both be on his upcoming debut solo album named Blunderbuss.
The album was recorded and produced by White in Nashville and is the first album released solely under his own name after releasing around six albums with the White Stripes, two with the Saboteurs/Raconteurs and another two with the Dead Weather.
“I’ve put off making records under my own name for a long time but these songs feel like they could only be presented under my name,” says White “These songs were written from scratch, had nothing to do with anyone or anything else but my own expression, my own colors on my own canvas.”
The new single Sixteen Saltines will be released on the 20th with a cover of U2′s Love Is Blindness.
The album, Blunderbuss, will be out on the 23rd April.
Listen: Jack White – Sixteen Saltines
- Jack White Ruled Out Of Splendour 2014
- Jack White To Make World’s Fastest Released Record
- Jack White Announces New Album ‘Lazaretto’, Debuts Track ‘High Ball Stepper’
- Jack White To Feature On New Neil Young LP, ‘A Letter Home’
- Bonnaroo 2014 Lineup Announced