Red Hot Chili Peppers series of singles and B-sides continues to run along smoothly with the latest instalment coming in the shape of new tracks The Sunset Sleeps and Hometown Gypsy. The pair mark the seventh and eighth release of leftover material from RHCP’s 2011 record I’m With You, with 18 songs in total expected when the series concludes in 2013.
So far the Chili Willies have released Strange Man / Long Progression, Magpies / Victorian Machinery and Never is a Long Time / Love of Your Life. Back in June before the series got underway, Chili Peppers guitarist Josh Klinghoffer explained that pairing songs together isn’t necessarily a case of simply picking and choosing.
“Finding songs that seem to want to join hands with others is a special task that requires the right people – and the right songs”, explained Klinghoffer. “Some songs seem to have a lot more of an agenda than others. Some songs play well with others and some songs need more attention and a little extra care. Here are some songs that seemed to want to pair up and take a later train. Keep your eye on them, they’re up to something.”
Listen: Red Hot Chili Peppers – The Sunset Sleeps
Listen: Red Hot Chili Peppers – Hometown Gypsy
- Red Hot Chili Peppers “Already Up To 28 Or 30 Songs” For New Album
- Big Day Out’s Greatest Hits
- Will Ferrell & Chad Smith Set Sights On Lars Ulrich For Next Drum-Off
- Watch Will Ferrell And Chad Smith Drum Off On ‘The Tonight Show’
- Chad Smith To Most Likely Destroy Will Ferrell In Drum-Off Next Week
- Chad Smith: “New RHCP Album Is Gonna Sound Like Us, But Different”