Red Hot Chili Peppers have today released the next instalment in their run of 18 new singles from the I’m With You B-Side Sessions they plan on releasing over the following 6 months.
Titled Magpie’s on Fire and Victorian Machinery, the two tunes follow hot on the trail of the first releases, which you can check out here. Magpie’s on Fire takes the more chilled, acoustic Chili Willies path while Victorian Machinery is all about fun: a slightly more wig-out Chili Willies. Though neither demonstrate the old-school funky Chili Willies, they seem to be on the right path.
According to NME, fans can expect the next two singles, Never Is a Long Time and Love of Your Life, to drop on October 2. The following singles are yet to be titled but are attached to the release dates November 6, December 4, and December 18.
According to drummer Chad Smith, the band worked hard and fast on the tunes during downtime while Anthony Kiedis was recovering from foot surgery “Those are just waiting,” Smith says. “We’ll go back to those when we start writing again, I’m sure – or not. We’re just always trying to come up with new stuff; usually the latest and greatest is what we use, but you never know. If there’s something that’s really good or if Anthony’s really connected to any of them, that sometimes has something to do with it, so we’ll see.”
So it looks like Aussies can expect to hear a whole lotta new tunes when the Chilis are in town for BDO, with hopefully plenty of the old ones.
- RHCP Drummer Says He’s Not Done With Will Ferrell, Plans Combined Charity Show
- Chad Smith Confirms New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album For 2015
- New “Super Danceable” Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Expected In 2015
- Red Hot Chili Peppers “Already Up To 28 Or 30 Songs” For New Album
- Big Day Out’s Greatest Hits
- Will Ferrell & Chad Smith Set Sights On Lars Ulrich For Next Drum-Off