Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah has responded to Ken West’s comment, in his recent interview with The Vine, stating that AJ was a “Finical Anarchist” retaliating with “That is awesome. I am putting that on my email signature-line.”
The original comment, not to be taken out of context, was in relation to AJ Maddah booking 90+ bands per festival, and having no apparent regard for the Australian Music scene. Maddah remained surprisingly calm in his response in view of his previous angry outbursts via Twitter.
Ken West has been struggling with feedback from both fans and colleges since an undesirable 2011 (the downgrading of key cities, pulling of his partner and being led on by bands including Prince and Blink 182) poorly damaged the reputation of what is Australia’s premier festival. However, a speedy recovery is expected, with next year’s line-up set to be the biggest one yet, due to the newly established C3 partnership.
AJ Maddah may have won the 2012 head-on clash between Big Day Out vs. Soundwave, but Ken West still leads 19-1.
- AJ Maddah Says Soundwave Is Subsidising Airfares For Fans
- The Wonder Years Added To Soundwave 2015 Lineup
- There Will Be No Fourth Headliner At Soundwave 2015
- Soundwave 2015 Lineup: The First Wave
- AJ Maddah: “Adelaide City Council Is Trying To Get Rid Of Soundwave 2015″
- Confession Added To Soundwave Lineup