Image for Massive Attack Will Not Tour Australia Following Harvest 2013 Cancellation

Massive Attack Will Not Tour Australia Following Harvest 2013 Cancellation

Written by Mike Hohnen on September 17, 2013

Following the announcement that Harvest 2013 has been cancelled, top dawg AJ Maddah said that some acts from the lineup will still be making their way to Australia in the immediate future, though it looks like Harvest headliner Massive Attack will not be one of them.

After last night tweeting of the festival’s cancellation, Maddah today officially confirmed the news to Fairfax along with the info that there would be no replacement shows for Massive Attack. Maddah had previously teased the involvement of vocalist Elizabeth Fraser – singer of their best known song Teardrop – as part of the Massive Attack show.

For a while there was hope for a Massive Attack headline tour a la fellow Harvest 2013 attendees Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Neutral Milk Hotel, Eels and Desparecidos.

It has been said that other bands, like Primus and Mutemath, may be shifted to the Soundwave lineup, with the second announcement for that festival due in early October. Maddah has also said that CSS are possible candidates to be added to Big Day Out 2014. It now looks as though Massive Attack will be featured at neither of these festivals.

Headline tours for Harvest features Franz Ferdinand and Goldfrapp were said to be under negotiation last week.

Maddah has said that final details for Australian appearances for Harvest 2013 bands will be announced in 10 days time.

The most powerful player in the Australian music industry may be one festival down, but it wasn’t that way for very long, with news breaking yesterday afternoon that Maddah is now a stakeholder in Big Day Out, buying out promoter Ken West‘s share of the iconic Australian festival.

(Via SMH)

Gallery: 10 Other Great Aussie Festivals That Tried And Failed

Join Music Feeds on Facebook

monitoring_string = "5ddc797c5ea15f4a20f5b456893873a5"