Queens of the Stone Age drummer, Joey Castill, may have let slip the title of the band’s new album. In an interview with a German drumming magazine he was asked in what musical direction the new album would head. Castill replied, “I’m not supposed to answer, but the ‘Ultraviolet Robot’ will blow your minds”, leading to speculation that Ultraviolet Robot could in fact be the title of the much-anticipated record.
Josh Homme recently became embroiled in a legal battle with his old Kyuss bandmates believing they went behind his back trying to steal the Kyuss name. Apparently this has delayed production of the new QOTSA album, meaning it won’t be released until sometime around August/September 2012. Kyuss Lives! members John Garcia and Brant Bjork recently released a statement regarding Josh’s decision to sue them, saying, “We are both shocked and saddened that our friend and one-time bandmate has chosen to file a lawsuit against us”.
Anyhow, a September release would put them in great stead for a headline performance at the 2013 Big Day Out. Fingers crossed!
- Courtney Barnett, Pond, Jagwar Ma Top NME’s 2013 Top 50 Lists
- QOTSA Unveil Interactive ‘Vampyre Of Time And Memory’ Video
- Queens Of The Stone Age ‘The Vampyre Of Time And Memory’ Interactive Video Clip Preview
- Austin City Limits Cancels Final Day Following “Storm To End All Storms”
- Josh Homme: ‘I’m Really Thankful For My Near-Death Experience’