Queens of the Stone Age drummer, Joey Castill, may have let slip the title of the band’s new album. In an interview with a German drumming magazine he was asked in what musical direction the new album would head. Castill replied, “I’m not supposed to answer, but the ‘Ultraviolet Robot’ will blow your minds”, leading to speculation that Ultraviolet Robot could in fact be the title of the much-anticipated record.
Josh Homme recently became embroiled in a legal battle with his old Kyuss bandmates believing they went behind his back trying to steal the Kyuss name. Apparently this has delayed production of the new QOTSA album, meaning it won’t be released until sometime around August/September 2012. Kyuss Lives! members John Garcia and Brant Bjork recently released a statement regarding Josh’s decision to sue them, saying, “We are both shocked and saddened that our friend and one-time bandmate has chosen to file a lawsuit against us”.
Anyhow, a September release would put them in great stead for a headline performance at the 2013 Big Day Out. Fingers crossed!
- WATCH: QOTSA Conclude Their Series Of Creepy Animated Videos With ‘My God Is The Sun’
- Queens Of The Stone Age Release Yet Another Disturbing Clip For ‘Keep Your Eyes Peeled’
- Queens Of The Stone Age Release New Clip For ‘Kalopsia’ Featuring Trent Reznor
- Queens Of The Stone Age Perform Another New Song ‘Keep Your Eyes Peeled’
- QOTSA Debut Two New Tracks ‘I Sat By The Ocean’ & ‘If I Had A Tail’ Live