Queens of the Stone Age drummer, Joey Castill, may have let slip the title of the band’s new album. In an interview with a German drumming magazine he was asked in what musical direction the new album would head. Castill replied, “I’m not supposed to answer, but the ‘Ultraviolet Robot’ will blow your minds”, leading to speculation that Ultraviolet Robot could in fact be the title of the much-anticipated record.
Josh Homme recently became embroiled in a legal battle with his old Kyuss bandmates believing they went behind his back trying to steal the Kyuss name. Apparently this has delayed production of the new QOTSA album, meaning it won’t be released until sometime around August/September 2012. Kyuss Lives! members John Garcia and Brant Bjork recently released a statement regarding Josh’s decision to sue them, saying, “We are both shocked and saddened that our friend and one-time bandmate has chosen to file a lawsuit against us”.
Anyhow, a September release would put them in great stead for a headline performance at the 2013 Big Day Out. Fingers crossed!
- 9 Things Everyone’s Talking About After Reading & Leeds Festival 2014
- Josh Homme’s Awkward First Meeting With Arctic Monkeys Crushed Any “Cool-Guy BS”
- Josh Homme: “There’s A Lot Of New Queens Of The Stone Age Songs”
- Watch Josh Homme Play Brand-New Song, ‘Villains Of Circumstance’
- How Much It’ll Really Cost You To Book Your Favourite Bands
- New Band Features Soundgarden, OFF! & Queens of the Stone Age Members