OK, so after tossing and turning about her upcoming run of European tour dates, Cat Power has confirmed that the shows won’t be cancelled, but will be postponed. Rather than risk her health issues worsening, Chan Marshall will be taking some down time, before hitting up Europe.
Within a short period of time, the ill-fated tour has been announced, cancelled, announced again, and now postponed. Marshall has been battling a skin condition, which is only accelerated by stress, poor diet and long hours – the 3 pillars of international touring. Treating the condition has also taken its toll on the songstress, who is now facing bankruptcy on account of the US’s effed-up medical system.
Once again, Cat Power took to Instagram to update her fans, posting somewhat of an essay filling everyone in on this rollercoaster ride of a tour. Check out the image below and send your love to Cat Power, who needs as much as she can get.
There’s no word on how this will impact on her Aussie tour dates, but fingers crossed! Europe, Chan Marshall will be back in town 2013.
- Coldplay And Cat Power Team Up On ‘I Wish I Was Here’
- Big Star’s ‘Third’ – Enmore Theatre, Sydney 23/01/14
- Cat Power Announces 2014 Australian Tour
- Sydney Festival 2014 Adds More Big Names To Lineup
- Cat Power Announce Australian Tour, March 2013
- European Fans Rejoice – Cat Power Tour To Go Ahead