It’s not all bad news for those gearing up for the Soundwave of a lifetime. As promised, triple j has announced the Unearthed winner from each state that is set to perform at the festival, though for one band, the excitement was short lived.
According to triple j, it was some seriously fucked sound curfew rules put in place by the local council that has caused the Perth Unearthed winner In League (who would have been performing first up on the day) to be taken off the line-up. However, they will still be rocking up to the fest, and are apparently in talks with Soundwave about making it up with some kick-ass support slots.
For Brissy, Melbourne, Sydney and South Oz, our unearthed winners – which you can check out below – will still be performing.
The good news doesn’t end there – it was also revealed that the ‘special guest’ set announced for both Sydney and Adelaide that has had us all scratching our heads was reserved for Puscifer, who will happen to be in the right place at the right time – busy day for Maynard.
The Schoenberg Automaton
- Blink-182 Considered Ditching Travis Barker After Soundwave No-Show
- Puscifer’s New ‘Toma’ Video Will Give You A MJK Fix
- Sleeping With Sirens Part Ways With Guitarist Jesse Lawson
- Sylosis Members Hospitalised Following RV Crash, Cancel Remaining Shows
- Maynard James Keenan: ‘Music Is Happening On All Fronts’ For Tool, A Perfect Circle & Puscifer
- Puscifer To Release 2-Hour Live Concert & Sketch Comedy DVD ‘What Is…Puscifer’