Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds have released the official music video for their current single, Jubilee Street, lifted from the band’s upcoming album, Push The Sky Away, their first in 5 years. The clip stars English actor Ray Winstone (The Departed, Hugo) as a man who falls the wrong way for a prostitute, closely mirroring the story told in the song.
The new clip was directed by John Hillcoat, who previously helmed Lawless and The Proposition, both of which were scripted by Nick Cave himself. Cave said of the shoot, “It was a real pleasure hanging around the set and watching Ray do his thing. He is a master. What a great actor. And, of course, working with my friend and collaborator John Hillcoat is always a blast.”
Push the Sky Away was produced by Nick Launay and recorded at La Fabrique, a recording studio based in a 19th-century mansion in the south of France. It streets on 18th February. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds will then embark on an Australian tour, including three sold-out shows at the Sydney Opera House with the Sydney Symphony.
Watch: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Jubilee Street
- Hillsong Smite False Idol Nick Cave From Atop Mount ARIA
- Grumpy Nick Cave Is Grumpy In Twitter Q&A
- Listen: Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds New Track ‘Jubilee Street’ From ‘Push The Sky Away’
- Watch: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds’ New Video ‘We No Who U R’
- Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds Australian Tour, February/March 2013