Close to a year on from a false start for their national tour in support of their latest record, Big Scary are set to hit the road this year, announcing a broader national tour for October.
Releasing fourth album, Daisy, in April of last year, Tom Iansek and Joanna Syme (known best to music lovers as Big Scary) had their original tour plans halted due to the enduring impact of COVID-19 and its related lockdowns.
Unable to reschedule these shows due to Jo having a baby in November, the pair have since been hard at work as they looked toward new dates, with a new national tour for late 2022 announced today.
Kicking off in Eora/Sydney on 13th October, the group’s six-date tour will see them visit nipaluna/Hobart, Kaurna Country/Adelaide, Meeanjin/Brisbane, Dja Dja Wurrung Country/Castlemaine, and Naarm/Melbourne over the coming days.
The tour will also see the pair performing as a two-piece for the first time in close to a decade, reimagining the majority of their catalogue for a more stripped-back and intimate style of performance.
Meanwhile, Big Scary have also promised that an “exciting surprise” is set to arrive ahead of these dates, though they’re yet to elaborate on what that may be.
Big Scary – 2022 Australian Tour
- Thursday, 13th October – The Factory Theatre, Eora/Sydney, NSW
- Friday, 14th October – Republic Bar, nipaluna/Hobart, TAS
- Saturday, 15th October – Jive, Kaurna Country/Adelaide, SA
- Wednesday, 19th October – The Triffid, Meeanjin/Brisbane, QLD
- Friday, 21st October – Theatre Royal, Dja Dja Wurrung Country/Castlemaine, VIC
- Saturday, 22nd October – Corner Hotel, Naarm/Melbourne, VIC
Tickets on sale from Thursday, 16th June