London singer-songwriter Declan McKenna will be in town in the early days of 2024 for performances at the Heaps Good festival in Brisbane and Adelaide. He’ll also play headline shows in Sydney and Melbourne, as well as one at Perth’s Astor Theatre – which has just been announced. The Perth show is happening on Monday, 8th January, and tickets go on sale via Secret Sounds at 9am AWST on Friday, 3rd November.
The tour will precede the release of McKenna’s third album, What Happened To The Beach?, which is due to arrive on Friday, 9th February. Two singles from the record are currently available: ‘Nothing Works’ and ‘Sympathy’.
Declan McKenna: ‘Nothing Works’
“In the past few years, there has been a bit of weight behind making music,” McKenna said in regards to the headspace that informed What Happened To The Beach? “I wanted to open up and not worry about things so much. I was putting a lot of pressure on myself in the past when I just needed to drop the intensity a bit and have some fun.”
McKenna found fame with the 2015 single ‘Brazil’. More recently, he went viral for a cover of ABBA’s ‘Slipping Through My Fingers‘.
Declan McKenna 2024 Australian Tour
- Tuesday, 2nd January – Heaps Good @ Sandstone Point Hotel, Bribie Island QLD
- Wednesday, 3rd January – Enmore Theatre, Sydney NSW (Lic AA)
- Friday, 5th January – Forum, Melbourne VIC (18+)
- Saturday, 6th January – Heaps Good @ Adelaide Showground, Adelaide SA
- Monday, 9th January – Astor Theatre, Perth WA (Lic AA)
Tickets via Secret Sounds