The moment many of us have been waiting for has finally come. City And Colour have announced that their (his?) soon-to-be-released album is done and dusted, just in time for the Alexisonfire tour.
Of course the highly successful spin-off for Alexisonfire’s clean vocalist Dallas Green – what we assume will be a 2013 release – will follow in the steps of its bigger brother, 2011’s Little Hell.
The success is somewhat bittersweet as it is widely known that the catalyst behind the Alexis break-up lays somewhere in the fact that Green was planning on jumping ship to focus solely on is solo endeavours. It appears we can no longer have our cake and eat it too.
The confirmation came via the band’s Instagram account, where a picture was posted featuring Green with other counterparts clearly stoked to be able to leave the studio, along with the below message:
“I mean…did we just finish recording the new city and Colour record right before the final #alexisonfire tour!? Ps can’t wait to be back on the road with my AOF brothers…”
Alexis will be in town this December for the last time, ever.
- EXCLUSIVE: Stream You+Me’s Debut Album ‘rose ave.’
- Pink And Dallas Green Help Make Sense Of You+Me
- Dallas Green And Pink Have Secretly Formed A Folk Group
- City And Colour – Sydney Opera House Concert Hall 24/07/14
- City And Colour Splendour Sideshow Announced
- Splendour 2014 Lineup Announcement