As if the news of a Dumb & Dumber sequel wasn’t already overwhelming enough, the creative pair behind the franchise, the Farrelly Brothers have taken to Twitter to announce that, out of all the artists in the world, Empire Of The Sun have been selected to compose the original soundtrack for the film.
There has been no official word from Empire Of The Sun about this, but the brothers seem fairly taken by the Australian duo, featuring them on the hipper-than-my-pelvis soundtrack to Hall Pass, and tweeting a review of their latest full length Ice On The Dune.
Fortunately for the brothers, they finally received funding for the film – amusingly titled Dumb & Dumber To – from Universal Pictures after the picture spending a long time in development hell, which will surely come in handy as Empire Of The Sun clearly don’t come cheap.
As you may already know, both Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels have signed up for the movie, which means that it’s already going to be better than that 2003 prequel Dumb And Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd which featured no involvement from the original stars, or the Farrelly brothers.
According to Hollwood Reporter‘s sources, shooting on the highly anticipated follow up could begin as soon as…right now, to ensure a 2014 release. This would see part 2 released on the 20th anniversary of the original.
Watch: Dumb & Dumber – Harry and Lloyd eat peppers
— Farrelly Brothers (@farrellybros) June 24, 2013
- Nick Cave, Boy & Bear Lead APRA 2014 Song Of The Year Shortlist
- Governors Ball 2014 Announces Killer Lineup
- Coachella 2014 Lineup Reveals Strong Aussie Contingent
- Disclosure, Jagwar Ma Amongst Most Blogged About Artists Of 2013
- Breath Of Life 2014 Lineup Announced With Macklemore, Empire Of The Sun & More
- Empire Of The Sun Are BMX Bandits In New ‘DNA’ Music Video