It was back in April when Music Feeds reported that Gotye had topped the American Billboard charts with His defining single Somebody That I Used To Know, becoming the first Australian to reach number one in the US in over a decade. Now after 8 weeks of sitting atop the charts, Gotye is slumming it at the two spot while a new song takes over as number one.
Pop performer Carly Rae Jespen now reigns at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart behind her (insert your preferred adjective(s) here) single Call Me Maybe. According to The Music, Rae Jespen’s single was downloaded approximately 296,000 times this week and has been downloaded over 3 million times since its release.
Gotye’s Somebody That I Used To Know is still going strong, however, and was downloaded around 213,000 times this week (which is a drop of 14 percent) and continues to be the most played single on radio. A remix EP of the single was also released last week, with altered versions of the hit song coming from the likes of M-Phazes, Sneaker and Gang Colours.
Watch: Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe
Watch: Gotye – Somebody That I Used To Know
- Pete Wentz Helped Sia Make Australian Music History At Last Night’s APRA Music Awards
- Six Video Highlights From Triple J’s Beat The Drum Birthday Gig
- Watch 40 Triple J Favourites Try To Write The Ultimate Hottest 100 Song
- triple j’s ‘Beat The Drum’ Birthday Concert Lineup Expands
- The Basics Warn Victoria: “Do Not Get Complacent”
- The Basics’ New Song ‘The Lucky Country’ Is A Wake Up Call To Australia