Just as promised, Blink 182 have released the first single of the 3/4 revealed forthcoming EP Dogs Eating Dogs. The pseudo-Cristmas tune sees the trio live up to their word of reverting to a more Boxcar Racer feel, and Travis appears to be right – this is 100 times better than Neighbourhoods.
Kicking off with a bit of an acoustic jam, the track has several points of similarity to their older stuff, and minus some of the more modern post-production techniques, the track wouldn’t be out of place on Take Off Your Pants and Jacket.
Boxing Day marks the return of the classic Blink ballad: think, Adam’s Song and I Miss You. It’s melancholy, and articulates some form of lost love on a past Christmas. It also sees the boys solidly practice their dueling vocals, rather than just Mark of Tom occupying the whole track. And as for Travis – the beats are as tasty as ever.
The band seem to be progressing like men possessed with this new EP; it doesn’t seem that long ago that they actually announced its release. We are sure to hear plenty more from the boys in the coming weeks. I reckon Boxing Day will sound pretty good coming from the main stage at Soundwave 2013.
- Tom DeLonge Discusses Blink-182’s New Album Plans
- Watch Zack De la Rocha & Travis Barker Join Run The Jewels Live
- Violent Soho Get A Shout Out From Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus
- 9 Things Everyone’s Talking About After Reading & Leeds Festival 2014
- Mark Hoppus Has A Timeframe For Blink-182’s New Album
- Tom DeLonge Reconfirms New Blink-182 Album, Apologises For Delay