Just as promised, Blink 182 have released the first single of the 3/4 revealed forthcoming EP Dogs Eating Dogs. The pseudo-Cristmas tune sees the trio live up to their word of reverting to a more Boxcar Racer feel, and Travis appears to be right – this is 100 times better than Neighbourhoods.
Kicking off with a bit of an acoustic jam, the track has several points of similarity to their older stuff, and minus some of the more modern post-production techniques, the track wouldn’t be out of place on Take Off Your Pants and Jacket.
Boxing Day marks the return of the classic Blink ballad: think, Adam’s Song and I Miss You. It’s melancholy, and articulates some form of lost love on a past Christmas. It also sees the boys solidly practice their dueling vocals, rather than just Mark of Tom occupying the whole track. And as for Travis – the beats are as tasty as ever.
The band seem to be progressing like men possessed with this new EP; it doesn’t seem that long ago that they actually announced its release. We are sure to hear plenty more from the boys in the coming weeks. I reckon Boxing Day will sound pretty good coming from the main stage at Soundwave 2013.
- Travis Barker Thinks Tom DeLonge Should “Man Up And Quit” Blink-182
- Tom DeLonge Announces Blink-182 Demos LP ‘To The Stars’
- Tom DeLonge Is Releasing Blink-182 Demos And “Extra Tracks” On March 1st
- Tom DeLonge Says He’s In Danger Because Aliens, Sounds Like A Legit Crazy Person
- 7 Reasons Your Teenage Years Would Have Sucked Without Blink-182
- Is Tom DeLonge Leaking Unreleased Blink-182 Music?