With just over a week to go before it’s released, American punks Yellowcard are giving fans the chance to have an early listen to their new album Southern Air. The album is out on August 17, but you can listen to a full stream of it via the YouTube video below.
Yellowcard’s new album is a personal triumph for the band – most notably for violinist Sean Mackin, who has overcome an ongoing battle with thyroid cancer. Mackin has endured two bouts of surgery and chemotherapy, having a cancer and some surrounding neck tissue removed. He announced in June that he was getting stronger every day, loved Yellowcard, and would “continue to tour with them and support our upcoming release”.
Yellowcard fans can catch the band in September when they come to play Newcastle’s Fat As Butter festival alongside Good Charlotte, Wheatus, 360 and Grinspoon. They’ll also be doing club shows in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
- Yellowcard Announce ‘Ocean Avenue’ Acoustic Australian Tour, October 2013
- Yellowcard – Southern Air
- Yellowcard – A Perfect Form Of Awesomeness
- Yellowcard Debut New Clip For ‘Always Summer’
- Yellowcard Violinist Recovering From Thyroid Cancer