Earlier today we reported that Sara Quin, one of the twins in indie duo Tegan & Sara called Odd Future homophobes and misogynists.
Now Tyler has responded tweeting: If Tegan And Sara Need Some Hard Dick, Hit Me Up!
Last month in an interview with NME, Tyler said:
It hurts me when people can’t see beyond the first layer. They don’t listen to the word play, or the patterns we use in the song, or the vocabulary we use. They just look at the word ‘sodomise,’ or ‘rape,’ or ‘bitch’ or some shit, and just go like ‘Oh my god, did you hear what he just said?’ No, did you hear how he said it? The terms he used to say it?
A lot of people take stuff too seriously. So some of the time it’s actually for them, my subconscious doing it on purpose, just to piss them off. I want people to take that stuff too seriously, especially shit like that. But, just, whatever. I try to preach be yourself and do what you want. It’s not our fault if they’re fucking dumb enough to believe this shit… I just turned 20. I’m just living life and having as much fun as I can. I don’t think about shit like that.
I’m not homophobic. I just think faggot hits and hurts people. It hits. And gay just means you’re stupid. I don’t know, we don’t think about it, we’re just kids. We don’t think about that shit. But I don’t hate gay people. I don’t want anyone to think I’m homophobic. [(His friend) Jasper walks into the room] But he’s a fucking faggot!
Read Sara Quin’s letter to Odd Future
- Tyler, The Creator’s Syrup Commercial Will Gross You Out
- Watch Tyler The Creator And Earl Sweatshirt Beat Down Seth Rogen
- Spend A Saturday With Tyler The Creator In His Ridiculously Luxe Pad
- Tyler, The Creator Tours With Own Bacon, Claims Earl Sweatshirt
- New Zealand Deems Odd Future A Threat To Public Order, Withdraws Visas
- Kendrick Lamar Drops Out Of Rapture NZ, Odd Future To Replace