Perth residents can now join in on all the current Soundwave 2013 buzz without fear of disappointment. A Large question mark lay over the future of the touring franchise in the area following local council’s efforts to block festivals like Soundwave and Big Day Out from occurring again in their jurisdiction.
Traditionally, Soundwave would be held at Claremont Showground, and despite the company that owns the grounds (Royal Agricultural Society) actually campaigning to bring BDO back to the area, Claremont Mayor Jock Barker cracked the whip, complaining about noise, outrageous behaviour and the state the town is left in after all the punters are done with it.
But today, Soundwave top dog AJ Maddah has spoken, through his Twitter account of wonders, telling Perth fans that they will be getting their Soundwave this coming year.
The hype surrounding the event seems to get bigger and bigger every year, with rumours running wild. Most recently we learned that Blink 182 will be in town around the same time as Soundwave, coincidence? I think not.
@JTBarnes83 yes, we’re coming back to Perth. Stay tuned!
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) July 12, 2012
- Sleeping With Sirens Part Ways With Guitarist Jesse Lawson
- Sylosis Members Hospitalised Following RV Crash, Cancel Remaining Shows
- Bring Me The Horizon Release Music Video For New Single ‘Can You Feel My Heart’
- Sharks Abruptly Announce Their Break-Up, Effective Immediately
- Dave Lombardo No Longer Focusing On Slayer