Smashing Pumpkins fans – you can expect to hear new music from the band “early next year” if frontman Billy Corgan gets his way.
Corgan has told Interesting People Talking Wrestling that he has been working on both a new book (well, only six hours of work) and new music for the band. He’s also contributing to a reality TV show for Resistance Pro Wrestling, hence why he probably sat down for a yarn with a wrestling mag in the first place.
When asked about when we might see the fruits of his labour, Corgan replied: “We’re just starting to work on a [new] album now, so I’d say sometime early next year would be reasonable.”
The book probably won’t arrive until 2014 as well, while no further information on the Reality TV Wrestling show was forthcoming either.
In other news, Pumpkins have revealed a long list of world tour dates, although Australia is not on the list…yet. Corgan and the band will be visiting Osaka and Tokyo for Summer Sonic at the beginning of August and there’s some gaps around those shows. They last toured Australia around the same time last year, joining the Splendour in the Grass line-up along with their own side shows.
- The Smashing Pumpkins Pair With Tommy Lee For New Track ‘Being Beige’
- Billy Corgan To Disband Smashing Pumpkins If New Albums Flop
- Two Potential Soundwave 2015 Headliners Nixed
- Smashing Pumpkins Have Lost Yet Another Drummer
- Billy Corgan Explains “Indescribably Epic” Tommy Lee Collaboration
- Tommy Lee Drumming On The Smashing Pumpkins’ New Album