Smashing Pumpkins fans – you can expect to hear new music from the band “early next year” if frontman Billy Corgan gets his way.
Corgan has told Interesting People Talking Wrestling that he has been working on both a new book (well, only six hours of work) and new music for the band. He’s also contributing to a reality TV show for Resistance Pro Wrestling, hence why he probably sat down for a yarn with a wrestling mag in the first place.
When asked about when we might see the fruits of his labour, Corgan replied: “We’re just starting to work on a [new] album now, so I’d say sometime early next year would be reasonable.”
The book probably won’t arrive until 2014 as well, while no further information on the Reality TV Wrestling show was forthcoming either.
In other news, Pumpkins have revealed a long list of world tour dates, although Australia is not on the list…yet. Corgan and the band will be visiting Osaka and Tokyo for Summer Sonic at the beginning of August and there’s some gaps around those shows. They last toured Australia around the same time last year, joining the Splendour in the Grass line-up along with their own side shows.
- Billy Corgan: “The Future Of The Smashing Pumpkins Is Kind Of Murky”
- The Best Videos From Soundwave 2015, Part 2
- Watch: Marilyn Manson Joins Smashing Pumpkins On Stage At Soundwave Sydney
- Here’s How Billy Corgan Would Handle A Kanye West Stage Invasion
- Billy Corgan Says There’s No Thirst For Culture In Adelaide
- Smashing Pumpkins, Gerard Way – Melbourne, Festival Hall 23/02/15