Just when you thought Soundwave were done adding bands to their bill, throw some seconds back on the clock because they clearly have some moves left. The official timetable for Stage 3 at both the Sydney and Brisbane festivals has included a slot for ‘special guest’, and given its good real estate, it’s probably going to be a decent sized band.
Initially it appeared on a leaked timetable shared earlier today, and people have since gone crazy with suggestions. Maddah clearly knows what’s up, so we probably won’t be disappointed by the late addition. Fall Out Boy are a hot suggestion, which may not be too crazy but a bit strange seeing as how they would be returning late March for their headlining shows. But also that they already have shows confirmed on the other side of the world around those dates. But they have, however, been tipped for next year.
The 40-minute slot is right in between Kingdom of Sorrow and Motion City Soundtrack and would effectively be warming the crowd for All Time Low, which is a fairly broad spectrum. With Blood On The Dancefloor dropping off the event late last week, it could also just be a placeholder spot for a replacement act as well.
There’s no word yet on when the bomb will drop, but we will be all over it.
You can check out the full timetables for both the Sydney and Brisbane Soundwave 2013 events here.
- Fall Out Boy Share New Track ‘The Kids Aren’t Alright’, Artwork For New Album
- Fall Out Boy Announce New Album ‘American Beauty/American Psycho’, Premiere Title Track
- Listen To Fall Out Boy’s New Single ‘Immortals’
- Simple Plan Writing With Mark Hoppus And All Time Low Frontman
- Don’t Let Fall Out Boy Delete U2 Off Your iPhone
- Westfest 2015 Lineup Announced