Alex the Astronaut will release her second album, How to Grow A Sunflower Underwater, on Friday, 22nd July. Alex the Astronaut has announced an extensive national tour in support of the record, beginning in August.
How to Grow A Sunflower Underwater features the singles ‘Growing Up’, ‘Airport’, ‘Octopus’, and Alex’s latest, ‘Haircut’, which was one of Music Feeds’ favourite Australian releases of May. Alex the Astronaut co-produced the upcoming album with Ball Park Music members Sam Cromack (vocals/guitar) and brothers Dean and Daniel Hanson (guitar and drums respectively.)
Alex the Astronaut – ‘Haircut’
Alex the Astronaut’s How to Grow A Sunflower Underwater tour informally begins with a performance at Splendour in the Grass on Sunday, 24th July. The tour kicks off in earnest a couple of weeks later with a gig at Freo.Social, Fremantle, on Thursday, 11th August.
Alex the Astronaut will play shows in Darwin, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Bellingen, Cairns, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Hobart, before finishing up in Adelaide on Saturday, 10th September. “It’s been almost four years since I last went on tour,” said Alex.
Tickets are on sale now. Find all dates below.
Alex the Astronaut: ‘How to Grow A Sunflower Underwater’ Tour 2022
- Sunday, 24th July – Splendour in the Grass – Bundjalung Nation / Byron Bay, NSW
- Thursday, 11th August – Freo Social – Noongar / Perth, WA
- Saturday, 13th August – Darwin Festival – Garramilla / Darwin, NT
- Thursday, 18th August – Kambri at ANU – Ngunnawal Country / Canberra, ACT
- Friday, 19th August – City Recital Hall – Eora / Sydney, NSW
- Saturday, 20th August – The Cambridge – Mulubinba / Newcastle NSW
- Sunday, 21st August – River Sounds – Gumbaynggirr Nation / Bellingen NSW
- Friday, 2nd September – Tanks Arts Centre – Gimuy / Cairns QLD
- Saturday, 3rd September – The Triffid – Meeanjin / Brisbane, QLD
- Sunday, 4th September – Springtime Festival – Kombumerri Country / Gold Coast, QLD
- Thursday, 8th September – Corner Hotel – Naarm / Melbourne, VIC
- Friday, 9th September – Altar – nipaluna / Hobart, TAS
- Saturday, 10th September – Uni Bar – Kaurna Land / Adelaide, SA