American rock band Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds have announced a 2024 Australian tour. It’ll start in Melbourne on Thursday, 18th April with shows to follow in Castlemaine, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart and Sydney, before the tour wraps up at Brisbane’s The Zoo on Friday, 27th April.
The tour is in support of Kind Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds’ upcoming album, That Delicious Vice, which is set to be released in April via In the Red Records.
Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds will release their fifth album That Delicious Vice in April 2024
The forthcoming album is Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds’ first release as a three-piece. The 12-track album was recorded in Tucson, Arizona, at Jim Waters’ Waterworks Recording studio during the summer of 2023.
That Delicious Vice includes notable collaborations with Alice Bag, an iconic figure in LA’s Chicana punk scene. Bag, who is known for her role as the lead singer of The Bags and her output as an author, appears on the tracks ‘Wicked World’ and ‘A Beast, A Priest’.
Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds 2024 Australian Tour
- Thursday, 18th April – Corner Hotel, Melbourne VIC
- Friday, 19th April – Theatre Royal, Castlemaine VIC
- Saturday, 20th April – Lion Arts Factory, Adelaide SA
- Sunday, 21st April – Rosemount Hotel, Perth WA
- Wednesday, 24th April – Republic Bar, Hobart TAS
- Thursday, 25th April – Oxford Art Factory, Sydney NSW
- Saturday, 27th April – The Zoo, Brisbane QLD
Tickets on sale via Oztix