Billie Joe Armstong is back – and in finer form than ever, as it turns out. The recently embattled Green Day vocalist has taken aim at K-Pop ambassador PSY, and opened fire. In an Instagram post, Armstrong has labeled PSY “the herpes of music”.
A pretty wild claim, but backed up by the comparison that “once you think it’s gone, it comes back”. Herpes is known as the gift that keeps on giving, and the same could definitely be said PSY, who initially flared up internationally with Gangnam Style, only to break out again with his latest track Gentleman.
Billie Joe might have mentioned that herpes doesn’t make such an awful noise, and the comparison could therefore be considered offensive to those who suffer from the genital infection.
Not all of those who populate the upper echelons of popular music hold this view. Liam Gallagher has previously confessed his love for PSY with the Britpop icon telling fans, “I think it’s an absolute classic. I love it. My kid dances to it every morning and it makes me chuckle and spit out my Corn Flakes.”
(Via Contact Music)
- Green Day, Lou Reed Lead 2015 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Green Day Guitartist Diagnosed With Treatable Form Of Throat Cancer
- Green Day Ready For 2015 Return?
- Nine Inch Nails, The Smiths Among 2015 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Nominees
- Are PSY And Snoop Dogg Taking The Piss Or Is ‘Hangover’ Just Really, Really Bad?
- Bruce Springsteen Releasing Four New Songs For Record Store Day