Diffuser, from whom we borrowed the above pic, have reported that rumours are now taking flight that former LCD Soundsystem frontman James Murphy is a hot favourite to produce the next record from grammy award winning indie act The Suburbs, errrr, I mean Arcade Fire.
When recently asked by BBC Radio 1′s Zane Lowe about the possibly of producing a new “new AF record”, Murphy sidestepped the question and tried a little sleight of hand with a distracting joke but left lingering hope that it is indeed a likely collaboration.
“No, no. That’s not something I can talk about yet… The Abercrombie & Fitch record,” Murphy wisecracked.
As also noted by Diffuser, Arcade Fire performed with LCD Soundsystem as part of the sound shifting band’s farewell concert at Madison Square Garden. The final show is the center of the recent LCD Soundsystem documentary Shut up and Play the Hits, which screened at Vivid LIVE earlier this year.
Watch: Arcade Fire – Win Album of the Year at 2011 Grammy Awards
- James Murphy Working On “400 Hours” Of New Music
- Flume Shares Arcade Fire ‘Afterlife’ Remix
- Watch Arcade Fire Cover The ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ Theme In Los Angeles
- Arcade Fire’s California Shows Had Marriage Proposals And Hard Rock Covers
- Against Me! Singer Rips Apart Arcade Fire’s Defence Of ‘We Exist’ Clip
- Arcade Fire Respond To Against Me! Singer’s ‘We Exist’ Slam