We all love a good rumour don’t we? As we’re getting closer and closer to three spring/summer festival announcement dates within the next couple of weeks we were always bound to get every man and his Twitter account try to do a “festival leaks” type run in to the announcements in order to cause some chaos or confusion.
But recently we’ve had another “industry insider” Twitter start up, who have been tweeting along the same style as Miss Info (who appeared roughly this time last year as well) and appropriately call themselves Mr. Info. Now your first thought might be to instantly disregard it, but there are some good clues so far, and we’ve seen two strong rumours in the past week (Grizzly Bear for Harvest and Passion Pit for Parklife) as tips on their list.
Miss Info was a bit touch and go, accurately picking several acts and falling far short on others. An example: The Strokes to play with Foo Fighters, and then moving that prediction to Future Music instead (The Strokes never came to either), but then picking other bands around them correctly: Fatboy Slim, Jessie J, Chase n Status, and Tinie Tempah.
Whether Mr. Info’s tips are to be believed is up to you, but here are some of them so far:
– Muse have locked in an Australian tour in March next year
– Daft Punk For Future Music (Or a Future Entertainment event)
– Sigur Ros, Grizzly Bear, Silversun Pickups and Pond at Harvest
– Sunset Sounds will return to Brisbane in January for two days and more bands
– Falls will have the Temper Trap, Vampire Weekend, Beach House and Of Monsters and Men (note: they will be here in July)
– Parklife will have Franz Ferdinand, Soulwax, Passion Pit, Robyn, Boys Noize, Erol Alkan and Muscles.
– V Fest to return for 2013 with a big headliner
They also seem to think that BDO 2013 will have a stronger lineup for next year. But when you’re dealing in a partnership with the guys that run Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits, that’s no big surprise.