Jon Dette must seriously be the ultimate dude. Not only will he be filling in on the skins for Anthrax while they’re in Australia, but he’s now also put his hand up to man the sticks for Slayer.
The drama of Dave Lombardo‘s split from Slayer unravelled this afternoon when the founding member announced that he was stood down from the role on account of internal tension. There has been no word yet on his future with the band, but for their upcoming Soundwave and sidewave performances, Dette’s got it covered.
Fortunately, it shouldn’t be too difficult as Dette has played with Slayer back in the day, but he was never a member of Anthrax – he’s just filling that role because he’s clearly the man.
Soundwave 2013 kicks off this weekend at RNA Showgrounds on the Saturday before heading down to Sydney’s Olympic Park. For all timetables and maps for each city, click here.
@simonvalentine1 they’ve got Dette doing it. He used to be in Slayer.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 21, 2013
- Watch A 10-Year-Old And Her Little Sister Shred Through Some Slayer
- Riot Fest’s 2014 Lineups Are Everything A Rock Fan Could Wish For
- Slayer Unleash ‘Implode’, First Rubin-less Track In 28 Years
- Dave Lombardo On Slayer: “I Made, On Tour, In 2011, $67,000″
- Dave Mustaine: ‘I Have No Problem With Other Big Four Members’