Punk rock’s very own Alkaline Trio have recently spilled the beans on their up-and-coming release. The album, which is yet to be named, will mark exactly a year and a day since their sorta unplugged release Damnesia, and the band’s 9th official release.
Though members have changed a bit over the years, the Trio have been gigging and releasing fairly regularly since their conception in 1996. By the time most people caught on to them, through their 2003 release Good Mourning, the band already had a handful of full-length albums to offer.
News of the impending release came in an interview with The Punk Site, with bandmates Matt Skiba and Dan Andriano. When pushed on the question of new material, Skilba responded, “Yes, we’re supposed to be recording this fall”. Skilba continued to add: “We’re going to go work with Bill at Fort Collins at the Blasting Room. Bill and Jason. We’ve all wanted to work with Bill for a long time and this is kind of the time to do it. So we’re going to go hang out there in October. Make a new record.
The last original lineup record was 2010′s This Addiction, though the band is sure to return in full form for the new album. Stay tuned for more details, you lot!
- Jimmy Eat World, Panic! At The Disco, Alkaline Trio – The Hi-Fi, Sydney 24/02/14
- Jimmy Eat World, Panic! At The Disco, Alkaline Trio Sidewaves Announced
- Soundwave 2014 Lineup: Know Your Festival
- Alkaline Trio Frontman New Project With Member’s of AFI and MCR
- Alkaline Trio “Damnesia” New Album Tracklisting