The Temper Trap have announced three special shows along Australia’s east coast to tie in with their appearances on the Groovin’ The Moo tour in April and May.
The band are set for a big Anzac Day-eve homecoming show in Melbourne at Festival Hall on 24th April, before holding court at Sydney’s Enmore Theatre on 1st May, and hitting Brisbane’s Hi-Fi Bar a few days later on 6th May. Supporting the band on the tour is Melbourne band Alpine, who released their debut album A is for Alpine at the start of this year to solid acclaim.
These are The Temper Trap’s first headline shows in Australia since doing a handful of dates to support the the release of their second self-titled album in early 2012. Since then, their only local appearances have been at last year’s AFL Grand Final, supporting Coldplay at their stadium shows in November and, more recently, their sets at the Future Music Festival in the main capital cities.
The Temper Trap also recently confirmed that they’re hard at work on their currently untitled third album, so fans can probably expect to hear some new material at this new string of shows.
Tickets go on sale next Friday, 22nd March at 9am but Frontier Touring members can get their hands on tickets early via a pre-sale on Tuesday, 19th March at midday AEDT.
The Temper Trap – Australian Tour April/May 2013
Wednesday, 24th April
Festival Hall, Melbourne
Wednesday, 1st May
Enmore Theatre, Sydney
Monday, 6th May
The Hi-Fi Bar, Brisbane
- Falls Festival 2014/2015 Lineup
- 10 Aussies Named On Massive Lollapalooza 2014 Lineup
- The Temper Trap Part Ways With Guitarist Lorenzo Sillitto
- The Temper Trap Recording At La Casa Studio Byron Bay With Frank Ocean Producer Malay
- Groovin The Moo Townsville – Townsville Cricket Grounds, 05/05/13
- The Temper Trap Working With Frank Ocean’s Producer For Third Album