Arizona’s Calexico have announced a full run of Australian tour dates for 2024, having been recently revealed on the lineup for Geelong’s Tent Pole festival. The Latin-influenced indie rock band – composed of the two main members, Joey Burns and John Convertino, and a rotating cast of other band members – will play eight dates across the country, including a set at Perth Festival.
The tour will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the band’s acclaimed fourth album, Feast of Wire, with the band playing the record in its entirety, as well as some other fan favourites to finish off the show. The run of dates begins on Thursday, 15th February at the Melbourne Recital Centre, and will finish up on Saturday, 24th February at the Meeniyan Town Hall; see the full run of dates below.
Calexico: ‘Sunken Waltz’
“I’m reminded of how much time and space we had in the studio to try out all sorts of ideas,” said Burns, reflecting on the making of Feast of Wire. “Most of the recordings started like they often do with John on drums and myself on guitar. And as we brought in the other band members it was like a river was flooding through our subconsciousness and we couldn’t get the ideas to analog tape fast enough.”
The band will appear at Tent Pole alongside internationals like Dinosaur Jr., Mogwai, and local acts Cash Savage and the Last Drinks, RVG, Civic, Our Carlson, Delivery, The Belair Lip Bombs, and more.
Calexico 2024 Australian Tour Dates
- Thursday, 15th February – Melbourne Recital Centre, Melbourne VIC
- Friday, 16th February – Theatre Royal, Castlemaine VIC
- Saturday, 17th February – Tent Pole Festival, Geelong VIC
- Sunday, 18th February – Factory Theatre, Sydney NSW
- Wednesday, 21st February – Rechabite Hall, Perth Festival WA
- Thursday, 22nd February – The Gov, Adelaide SA
- Friday, 23rd February – Meeniyan Town Hall, Meeniyan VIC
- Saturday, 24th February – Meeniyan Town Hall, Meeniyan VIC
Tickets available Monday, 30th October via the band’s website.